Covenant Group News (CGN) is distributed to subscribers electronically 5-6 times a year. This is a major place for input and sharing from congregations, a public face for SGM. Individuals and congregations/communities are invited to submit, with a focus on sharing from experience and learning from each other.
SGM Journal is changing to an annual publication in Summer 2017. The SGM Journal will be sent to Network members, and may be available to non-members via delayed posting on the website and possibly purchase.
The Website is usually updated monthly to include session plans and other notations that have been received.
Participate in the SGM Facebook Group for ongoing updates and information.
March 2017 Covenant Group News has been emailed and is now online. It contains the following articles, in addition to Network information:
- Letter from the Editor
- Small Group Ministry - For Times Such as These!
- Three Ways to Cultivate a Sense of Hope, Even When Times Seem Hopeless
- Revitalization of our Small Group Ministry Program
- Small Group Ministry is coming to UU Fellowship of Winston-Salem!
- Movie Reviews and the Seven UU Principles
- Upcoming Events
- National SGM News
NEW SESSION PLANS
For Times Such as These........
What better place to grapple with the cultural and political changes and chaos than in Small Group and Covenant Group Ministries, where we learn to listen to each other, and are willing to broaden our vision and views by sharing.
Please see the UUA Beyond the Partisan Divide Toolkit (http://www.uua.org/re/adults/curricularresources/beyond-partisan-division). The two sessions included directly relate to the congregational entity. The Toolkit has quotes and references that can be a basis for Small Group/Covenant Groups sessions.
Newly posted Session Plans:
• SGM for Times Such as These, Augusta, ME (Rev. Helen Zidowecki)
• Beyond the Partisan Divide, Session 1: Will it Matter? Considering Partisan Bias in Congregational Life, and Session II: Ecclesiology: The Purpose of the Church, UUA
We look forward to receiving your session plans at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also see the Celebrations Session Plans for Spring celebrations.